fatandhappy

Fat and Happy is a journal of writing about daily happenings as well as whatever I feel like writing about. Thanks in advance for any comments from you!

Saturday, February 19, 2005

Sideways: a movie review

Wow, everyone said this was going to be the greatest movie...except for my mom and my aunt Em. It reminded me of the movie Lost In Translation. Both are about how love and marriage are all messed up. I found both movies depressing! Sideways held my attention the whole time which to me is the key element of a good movie. Because of this, I give it a thumbs up. I identified with the main character, a shlub who worries about everything and takes pills for his woes. The movie took place in California wine country, a pleasing environment for a big screen picture.

4 Comments:

At Sunday, February 20, 2005 8:45:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I liked it better the second time. the 'R Crumb' character (the schlub) is irresistible. B

 
At Sunday, February 20, 2005 9:14:00 PM, Blogger Kerry said...

I better tell my GF that it's like Lost in Translation, because she really wants to see Sideways and I don't. She hated "Lost" and I love it. Better warn her. Thanks for the review!

 
At Monday, February 21, 2005 11:47:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A movie about people who drink wine being depressing? What has the world come to?!

 
At Wednesday, February 23, 2005 12:49:00 PM, Blogger sk8rn said...

Hmmm... interesting review. I haven't seen it yet. The part about it being depressing may steer me clear of it despite the thumbs up. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home