fatandhappy

Fat and Happy is a journal of writing about daily happenings as well as whatever I feel like writing about. Thanks in advance for any comments from you!

Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Conversations with Pets

What kind of conversations do you have with your pets?

I talk to my cats a lot.

When I come in I say, "Hi, Guys!" They meow, and I say, "Yes, yes, your master is home! I love kittens!" They meow some more and I repeat, "I love kittens!"

Then they follow me into my bedroom and a crescendo of excitement is reached because I am about to give them a few tartar control bass flavored Pounce pellets. I say:
"Oh, you want your treats, Little Cats? Well, get to your posts!" Then they quickly both attempt to jump to the third floor of the cat condo, but one of them gets pushed to the second. I give them the treats and say their names, "Vrook! Vrook! Cloudercakes! Cloudercakes!" and I pet them as they munch.

This post is already way too embarrassing, so I'm checking out! See yaaaaa!~


4 Comments:

At Thursday, January 13, 2005 9:57:00 AM, Blogger Kerry said...

My first kitty was from a mom and dad kitties that lived together (KC came from a good home). An old GF bought her and then when I mentioned I was looking into getting a cat (a big deal for me-had to read up on cats, etc)she gave me the kitten. My GF at the time (big mistake GF) encouraged me to get the kitten (I thought I would keep the GF if I had a cat-el stupido moi). Anyways, I got KC and she was the most well behaved cat in the universe. Never had any problems with her and she was like a little person. Then I got a kitten from the local shelter (again, another GF at the time encouraged me to get one-see any patterns?). I got Sparky and he lived for a week. It was so horrible-he was sick with kitty cold and all my money into health care was for not. After that, I still wanted a kitten so I bought one from the pet store (he had a money back guarantee-thats so bad). AJ was not anything like KC and he was a handful (still is). They co-exist well- one fight a day but still seem happy. KC will always be my little baby and AJ is my little round boy.

I love cats :-)

 
At Thursday, January 13, 2005 6:35:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now you really have me thinking about it. What songs do you sing to the cats? Here's what I sing to Buddy: Buddy, People who have Buddy, are the LUCKIEST PEOPLE in the world.

 
At Thursday, January 13, 2005 9:28:00 PM, Blogger Jayla said...

It's actually very hard to know what one says to cats until one is saying it. I realize I repeat over and over again when I get home, "I missed you!" And I pronounce the word "missed" like "meesed" and emphasize it. Weird. Thanks for the thoughtful comments!

 
At Saturday, January 15, 2005 10:53:00 AM, Blogger sk8rn said...

When I get home, I often say, "Where are my kiddies?" (referring to my cats). When my cat Otemba is upset, I sing to her (in slight semblance to the tune -I think it's called Beautiful Girl- by Prince), "The most beautiful girl in the world... is Otemba." And I am often asking them, "What do you think, Ebi?" or "What do you think, Otemba?" Funny - I never ask my dog for her opinion. I think I expect my cats are wiser. I just don't know how to understand their language.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home