fatandhappy

Fat and Happy is a journal of writing about daily happenings as well as whatever I feel like writing about. Thanks in advance for any comments from you!

Saturday, September 25, 2004

Okey Dokey, Artichokey!

Tonight I went out to meet Alice, Hope, Patty (Alice's oldest sister), Chris (Patty's husband), and Alex (their baby) at Kate's joint, the great vegan diner in Alphabet City. They were all going to the zoo beforehand but I had gone swimming instead. When I got there Mia was standing outside, and so we chatted. I hadn't known that she was going to be there, and we joked how we get invited to the same things but don't know that each other is going to be there, so we don't bring the borrowed items we want to exchange. Then Hope came by and we looked at her with a question mark because she wasn't with Alice and Alice's family. Hope simply stated, "I ate them." It turned out that the baby was tired from a big day at the zoo. Though I was disappointed not to see Alice and her family, I was glad to be having another nice dinner with my pals. We had un-chicken, un-turkey, un-shrimp, un-wings, and a variety of vegetables. It was a delicious meal, accompanied as usual by talk of Dr. Phil and Oprah. Dr. Phil is working with a town in Texas called Elgin, and he is helping the town to become less dysfunctional, "one family at a time." Watching it, as per Dr. Phil, will allow each of us to "Elgin-ize" our own towns. As for Oprah, two of us have discontinued our subscriptions, and one of us has continued (You can guess, and I'll put the answer in the comment section). After dinner, we stopped by my office so that I could give Mia the CD of Hillary Clinton's awesome autobiography. I had brought it to work to mail it to her but hadn't gotten around to it. I read in a magazine article that Hillary's favorite expression is "Okey, dokey, Artichokey!" Cute!

1 Comments:

At Saturday, September 25, 2004 8:22:00 PM, Blogger Jayla said...

Mia continues to maintain a subscription to "O" Magazine. Hope and I still enjoy it but no longer subscribe. It's a bulky magazine that we have difficulty throwing out (due to not having read it) yet do not have the space in our new york apartments.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home