fatandhappy

Fat and Happy is a journal of writing about daily happenings as well as whatever I feel like writing about. Thanks in advance for any comments from you!

Saturday, September 25, 2004

Upper-decking??? (Go see the movie and find out)

Friday night I went with Dave, Jan, and Jan's professor, a gallery owner, to see the movie "A Dirty Shame" by John Waters. I won't give anything special away in this post for others who plan to see it, not that there's much to give away, because this is just a fun, poorly plotted movie. It was all about sex and offered some educational information about subcultures. I noticed that correct terms were used for a lot of things. He addressed lesbians, bears, adult babies, upper-decking, shrimping, funch, sex addiction, and sploshing, among many other things. John Waters is always pretty cool with fat people, and he was in this movie too. There were a lot of great one-liners. I found it weird and quite progressive, though sort of boring at the same time. However, I'll give it a definite thumbs up because I'd see it again!

1 Comments:

At Sunday, September 26, 2004 12:26:00 AM, Blogger sk8rn said...

Okay, upper decking??? But also funch and sploshing??? I used to think I was "in the know." Apparently not!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home