fatandhappy

Fat and Happy is a journal of writing about daily happenings as well as whatever I feel like writing about. Thanks in advance for any comments from you!

Monday, August 16, 2004

Tree Hugger

Tonight Jan cooked dinner for David and me. It was a rainy day and night, and it was so nice to come from work and have good, home cooked food. David and I both commented that we had smelled delicious cooking as we came up the narrow staircase and had hoped it was Jan cooking. He had attempted to make my favorite Ethiopian dish, candied greens and carrots. It came out excellent and was accompanied by baked beans, salad, and a potato and onion dish. While Jan had been finishing with the cooking, I had showed David some pictures of himself from his youth. One showed him hugging a palm tree with great passion and joy. David laughed when he saw the tree hugging shot and told me that Jan had taken a very similar picture of him with a different type of tree out west (The two recently returned from a trip around Seattle). After dinner, I shared the pictures with Jan and let him keep the picture of David hugging the tree because he thought it was so cute. Then Jan showed me a slide show of their trip out west. Again David was hugging a tree with wild abandon! Unfortunately Jan and I teased him a little about being a tree hugger and he got a bit irritable with us. Jan and I played around with the computer afer the slide show, and David took a rest. Then Jan called David back into the living room and asked if we wanted to hear Howard Stern talking about therapy from his show this morning. We listened, while eating some rasberry fudge and some pineapple for dessert. They also gave me the brunette and blond hairpieces they wore when surprising my mom in Ohio for her sixtieth birthday last weekend. My mom had said, "I thought to myself that it looked like them but the hair was different..."

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, August 17, 2004 5:53:00 PM, Blogger sk8rn said...

That food sounds so good, you've made me hungry. I'd love to see photos of David and Jan in those hair pieces!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home