fatandhappy

Fat and Happy is a journal of writing about daily happenings as well as whatever I feel like writing about. Thanks in advance for any comments from you!

Tuesday, August 31, 2004

A Psychoapth Involved in a Jewelery Heist

Tonight I went out for dinner with my dad. His girlfriend was in the Hamptons, so we went out by ourselves. He picked me up at my apartment, and we found a parking space outside Josies, an organic restaurant. Recently while withdrawing from Serotonin (I had lowered my Celexa to poor effect--now going back from 5 to 10), I had called him up hysterical, saying that I wanted to spend more time with him. I always do this during a Serotonin withdrawal. It's absolutely bizarre. Anyway, he rose to the occasion, telling me that he looked forward to our date all day. That made me feel good, even though one of the things I had yelled to him on the phone was, "I want you to tell me that you miss me and want to see me!" His comment seemed genuine, though. He told me that he was tired because he had to go to court because another man with his name who lives near him has been using his identity. I asked who this man was, and he said, "A psychopath involved in a jewelery heist." Like me, my dad is an anxious person, and I'm sure this is the last thing he needs. Later in the conversation he told me about his supervision/ therapy, and then said, "I think everyone should be in therapy all the time for their whole life." A literal wave of anxiety washed over me. I'm not handling life correctly... He ordered a salad with grilled free-range chicken. I ordered the seitan and greens (can't get better than that). Afterwards, he filled out the comment card and wrote, "Great salad with chicken." This is what he orders everywhere (no judgment). As we walked to the car, he said, "I loved that restaurant but we'll probably never get a parking space again." It was a very New York comment and also a very anxious comment, and that's all I have to say.

3 Comments:

At Wednesday, September 01, 2004 2:23:00 AM, Blogger sk8rn said...

I love this posting. It describes so clearly the vulnerability of expressing raw emotion and of feeling mildly out of control of that emotion. Good for you for telling your dad what you wanted from him so directly. I wish more people were more blunt in requesting what they need. Even if this happened under less than ideal circumstances, your courage is inspiring.

What is supervision therapy?

 
At Wednesday, September 01, 2004 11:48:00 PM, Blogger Jayla said...

My dad meets once a week with a shrink who supervises his cases and then addresses any personal issues he has about himself.

 
At Thursday, September 02, 2004 3:12:00 PM, Blogger sk8rn said...

Is thus dual role because some cases for work may bring up personal stuff or is this just the way it always works? Sounds kind of nice, actually. I think nurses could use supervision therapy at times. :-) At least, I would like it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home