fatandhappy

Fat and Happy is a journal of writing about daily happenings as well as whatever I feel like writing about. Thanks in advance for any comments from you!

Tuesday, August 31, 2004

My first time at the Apollo

Saturday nite I went to see a performance by Margaret Cho (www.margaretcho.com, great web site) entitled "State of Emergency." She has had four shows that I am aware of, the last one being "Revolution." She performed at the Apollo in Harlem. I had never been to the Apollo, a famous theater, before. It is a huge theater and her 7pm show had sold out and the 10 pm show that had been added on was also completely full. My posse and I had to walk up four long flights of steps. In fact the seats were so high up that it made my slight fear of heights kick in. Thank goodness I brought my glasses because she was sooo far away, so tiny. Her routine was good, addressing gay marriage, the presidency, and issues with parents (all important topics). It was great to be with a lot of queer folks, I mean A LOT, listening to an alternative comedian. How did she get to be so popular? Good for her, but how does anyone get to be so popular? Just wondering.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home