fatandhappy

Fat and Happy is a journal of writing about daily happenings as well as whatever I feel like writing about. Thanks in advance for any comments from you!

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

All Names and Details Changed, Of Course

Recently I was leading a kindergarten small boys' group therapy session, and a child, Shawn, was talking about some family issues regarding his grandmother. I interrupted Shawn to ask what his grandmother's name was so that we could follow the story better. He said "Irene." He continued his story, and I interjected a question using his grandmother's name (Irene). He turned to the other boys and looked them over, narrowing his eyes, and said with his adorable six year old lisp, "Which one of you PUNKS told the agency [meaning me, the social worker] my grandmother's name?" Another boy in the group, Michael, giggled and said, "Shawn, YOU just told her your grandma's name." Shawn got a big bashful smile on his face, and said, "Oh, yeah..." I said, "Good listening, Michael!"

3 Comments:

At Wednesday, May 25, 2005 1:29:00 PM, Blogger sk8rn said...

That is so cute! I could envision his adorable grin!

 
At Thursday, May 26, 2005 7:32:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're a great tx. The sense of humor says it all. B

 
At Sunday, June 05, 2005 8:05:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too cute!
Lisa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home