fatandhappy

Fat and Happy is a journal of writing about daily happenings as well as whatever I feel like writing about. Thanks in advance for any comments from you!

Tuesday, October 05, 2004

My Brother's Psychiatric Wit

Phone conversation:

Jen: "So I'm going to this commitment ceremony in Pennsylvania this weekend, and I want my friend to drive. Do you think I should rent a car or ask to borrow dad's car."
Dave: "Well, you have to remember that with Dad he can take it away at the last minute."
Jen: "Yeah, or he could say no, and I could start crying and asking why he let's you take it."
Pause.
Jen: "Or my friend could end up getting in an accident."
Dave: "I would fear an enactment more than an accident."

P.S. If you don't understand my brother's razor sharp wit, see comments.

2 Comments:

At Tuesday, October 05, 2004 7:36:00 PM, Blogger Jayla said...

In psychoanalytic terms, an enactment refers to the repetition in adulthood of a childhood conflict, most often with a parent. For instance, in a simple interaction like asking to borrow my dad's car, very likely the two of us could get in to a heated exchange based on an unresolved issue from early years.

 
At Thursday, October 07, 2004 12:48:00 PM, Blogger Melaina RN, PHN, MS, CNS, ACHPN said...

I'm impressed with your brother's wit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home