fatandhappy

Fat and Happy is a journal of writing about daily happenings as well as whatever I feel like writing about. Thanks in advance for any comments from you!

Saturday, August 07, 2004

What to do when your garden explodes...

Today I took the twenty-minute bus ride to Jersey (Edgewater) to visit my friend Kathleen who I met when she worked as a managed care nurse. Kath has a beautiful house and a nice husband named Bram. We had fun catching up and eating wonderful veggie recipes she'd made, utilizing the the herbs and vegetables from her vast garden. She has a cookbook she showed me called, "What to do when your garden explodes." Not literally, of course, but with so much good food! Then Alice and I got together near my apartment. We had dinner at Ozu, a vegetarian restaurant, and then hung out at my apartment. We spent about an hour reading the DSM IV and the Synopsis of Psychiatry, analyzing ourselves as well as the plight of Vietnam Vets. Alice asked what I concluded about myself and I said, "Depression is clearly my Axis I, and for Axis II I have traits." I paused and then added, "I have traits from a cluster of personality disorders." She giggled and said, "I love when you say that!"

1 Comments:

At Monday, August 09, 2004 3:56:00 AM, Blogger sk8rn said...

Wow! So revealing. I have purused through the DSM myself, though I don't know that I'd admit which axis I relate to! ;-) Though I do readily say, "Okay, I'm a little OCD, but I'm okay with that." That comment helps to temper or provide humor when I am being a little nitpicky and overly organized.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home