fatandhappy

Fat and Happy is a journal of writing about daily happenings as well as whatever I feel like writing about. Thanks in advance for any comments from you!

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

What five movies I most relate to and why

The ever-inquisitive blogger, Ms. P-f Flyer, wrote:

"What would you pick for the five movies that you most relate to and why? I tag you Jennynyc!"

1. Female Trouble. I totally relate to Divine's character, Dawn Davenport. She's witty, pretty, and a whole lotta fun! This is my favorite movie of all time. It took a man to bring fat women's fashion to its height!

2. Heavenly Creatures. I identified so much with this movie in which two young lesbian lovers kill one of their parents in order to be together. My young girlfriend and I considered the same thing (not about killing you, Mom -if you're reading this- , of course).

3. The Bad Seed. I have watched this movie hundreds of times. It's an old movie in which a charming girl is a secret murderess. The mother struggles with her worries about the girl, while the girl's father is away on assignment. I identify with it due to my own Oedipal issues. It's a camp classic and I highly recommend it to anyone. Of note, it was the first movie in which a child was a murderer and received a lot of condemnation because of it.

4. Hannah and Her Sisters. This is one of my favorite Woody Allen movies. I identify with several of the characters and their neuroses. I can't get enough of this movie.

5. The Lonely Guy. This is a comedy with Steve Martin that my best friend Lisa and I watched throughout our childhood in her basement with a large pizza, half-green peppers, half-pepperoni, and onions "across the board." I identify with Steve Martin and his girlfriend. What a funny, smart movie.

I tag Sk8rn and P-f Flyer!!!

4 Comments:

At Wednesday, June 22, 2005 4:51:00 PM, Blogger sk8rn said...

I haven't seen Bad Seed nor The Lonely Guy, but will definitely have to check them out. Oh, and I *totally* related to Heavenly Creatures, so I suppose you'll see that one pop up on my list, too. :-)

 
At Sunday, June 26, 2005 6:51:00 PM, Blogger Jayla said...

I'm a big fan of Tootsie too. I enjoyed your descriptions of the movies. "Falling Down" sounds good. I love it when someone goes on a rampage...latent hostility ;)

 
At Wednesday, June 29, 2005 11:51:00 AM, Blogger V said...

Wow, someone who liked Female Trouble as much as I did! John Waters was way ahead of his time when he filmed that movie. There wasn't anyone in the U.S. much less Maryland wearing mohawks during that time.

"I told you I wanted Cha-Cha heels! Black Ones!"

Have you seen Desperate Living?

I also love Woody's Hanna & Her Sisters. I can watch that one over and over.

Have you seen Ghost World?

 
At Tuesday, August 16, 2005 9:46:00 PM, Blogger Jayla said...

V, so nice to hear that you like the same movies that I do, that usually either people haven't heard of or think their weird. I liked Ghost World too. And yes I love Desperate Living!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home