fatandhappy

Fat and Happy is a journal of writing about daily happenings as well as whatever I feel like writing about. Thanks in advance for any comments from you!

Tuesday, November 30, 2004

My 32nd Birthday: TODAY

It's my birthday today! My mom had a wonderful birthday party for me in Ohio over the Thanksgiving weekend. It was at her new house, and that made it extra special. We were makin' memories. There was pizza and spaghetti and cake and salad (note which item I saved for last, ha-ha, it was good salad). There was champagne and wine and soda too. And everyone got me a present!

Jen: Mama, does everyone know that they should bring a present?
Mom: I'm sure they'll assume that.

I got great presents:
Target items from Dave and Jan
a pigeon calendar from my childhood friend Alex and her husband Mario
Boggle from Lisa and her husband David
special socks from Aunt Mary and Uncle Phil
a beautiful book and a black scarf/gloves from my Aunt Emily and Uncle David and my cousins, Sophie and Phoebe
a generous Borders Books gift certificate from Alex's parents
great stickers and a dvd on Hollywood murders from Mom
more great stickers and another great scarf from Helene

This Sunday there is a NYC party for me at Hope and Alice's place in Queens. Alice will be cooking delicious vegan items. I love parties and well-wishes (thanks for the e-card, Hope) and all the attention that is lavished on me at my birthday. Happy birthday to meee! :-)

2 Comments:

At Thursday, December 02, 2004 12:14:00 AM, Blogger sk8rn said...

I am such a dope. I can't believe my birthday wishes are so belated! - Happy Birthday! It's finals week and I am having nightmares of not finding people and of fires at work and of broken cell phones. Of course, that's no excuse. And I would like to fight for the position as happiest person you were born! Even if I am sending my wishes for much future happiness belatedly!

 
At Monday, December 27, 2004 1:45:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thirty-two is really one of the banner years! I'm glad it started in style. By the way, I'm not immortal, but I have a good hunch I'll be around for a long time. Love, the ma

 

Post a Comment

<< Home