fatandhappy

Fat and Happy is a journal of writing about daily happenings as well as whatever I feel like writing about. Thanks in advance for any comments from you!

Friday, October 29, 2004

Femme to Femme Sammy's Noodles

Last Friday night I went with Sarah to Sammy's Noodles, a Chinese restaurant. We talked on the phone the night before and had decided on Chat N Chew, the new one that opened on 12th st. and 6th Ave (the original is by union square). Chat N Chew has homestyle food like meatloaf and mac n cheese. Sarah and I decided that my post about our experience could thus be called "Femme to Femme Chat N Chew." However, the day of our meeting-to-be I walked by Chat N Chew, and it had closed. This was a bummer! I called Sarah who wanted to switch to the union square Chat N Chew because she had become in the mood for the unique food provided by Chat N Chew. I wanted to go somewhere by work, so she reluctantly agreed to Sammy's. Then she called back later, and said that she was starting to get used to the idea of Chinese food. I went thru the same transition in my mind. When we met at Sammy's, we discussed Sarah's break up (at least for now) with K. Sarah had made a plan s/p our dinner to go to the movie, Tarnation (www.filmforum.com) by herself (I was invited but had respectfully declined). I like Sarah's ex, K., very much, but said in regard to her meeting new dates, "It's good that you're going to events that you enjoy, like this movie, because you have the potential of meeting women who will share your interests [women like K. who she has a lot in common with]." Sarah thought about it and said, "You mean like other women who enjoy documentaries about schizophrenic mothers?" Exactly! The night before, as already mentioned, I had talked about posting on our meeting. She noted that I say all positive things about people, and I told her that I don't feel comfortable trashing people on my blog (okay, maybe now and then). She expressed happiness that she would not be trashed. I told her, "Just to reassure you, I don't say anything personal about other people on this blog, at least not that I think they would mind." She replied that she wouldn't much care...so I have made it slightly personal, but not too.

3 Comments:

At Sunday, October 31, 2004 3:08:00 PM, Blogger sk8rn said...

What makes the Chat N Chew food unique?

 
At Monday, November 01, 2004 1:56:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope to go to sammy's noodles some day...............ps. the Heegs chat with me now as if we're old friends.

 
At Monday, November 01, 2004 5:49:00 PM, Blogger Jayla said...

Hey, sk8rn, the food is major comfort food with a hip atmosphere, and some good vegetarian options.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home